If you have identified a problem with a footpath or Bridleway in either the Upper Calder or Ryburne Valley areas, you have three options:
If it seems like it is a deliberate blockage, you should report it to Calderdale Council. Email Calderdale Highways department or phone 0845 245 7000.
Report the problem to CROWS using our online report form – including:
- Your name
- A description of the problem and how serious it is
- Location of the problem (as detailed as you can) – bear in mind we don’t work in the Eastern end of Calderdale
- A contact number in case we need to clarify anything
- Footpath number or OS grid reference (if known)
Then press submit to send us the form.
If you have a photo of the problem that you feel would be helpful, please then send it to us AFTER submitting the report form.
If you prefer, you can print off the report form and take it to Mountain Wild, Crown Street, Hebden Bridge, Todmorden Information Centre or post/drop it in it to CROWS 1, New Road, Mytholmroyd, HX7 5DZ. Download our report form here
What happens next?
You should get an acknowledgement that we have received the form.
We will go and inspect the problem and either:
- draw up a job sheet and put it in our scheduling system to be done
- refer it to someone else to deal with e.g Calderdale Highways or Countryside Service.
- write back to you with an explanation why we are unable to deal with the problem
DOING THE WORK
The work may take some time to be completed because:
- sometimes we have a backlog
- some jobs require getting the landowners permission
- if its a big job, we may need to secure funding
- Some jobs are very weather dependent
Unfortunately we don’t have the resources to tell you when the work has been completed, but we are happy for you to chase up the work by sending an email.
Many thanks for your help.