It costs £1000 a year for us to operate – before we do any work – premises, insurance, safety, tools and materials.
We have no general funding for our fixed costs. In 2014-15 our funding was:
- 8% general donations
- 10% donations for specific projects
- 14% funding for infrastructure/materials etc
- 68% payments for agreed ‘contracted’ projects
We need visitors and walkers who live in the Upper Calder and Ryburn Valleys to help fund path upgrades and improvements. If you have had a good day out walking, consider donating a small amount to us, you can even specify which path or which area you want us to work on.
How can I make a donation?
- You can send a cheque to us at The basement, White Ribbon House, 1, New Road, Mytholmroyd, HX7 5DZ or
- You can text CROW42 £2/£3/£5 to 70070 (no extra cost to you) or
- If you want to do a bank transfer, our bank details are Yorkshire Bank, sort code 05-09-59, account no 39334282 or
- If you feel able, become a friend and set up an annual standing order, but make sure you tell us that you have done it!
- Just drop us an email and we can contact you and talk about how you might help
Can I donate in Kind?
If you have any tools, equipment or materials that you think we may be able to use, please send us an email with the details, we are happy to collect (and thanks to the person who left a leaf rake and fork outside our depot). If you are aware of any sources of funding we might be eligible for, please drop us a line.
Going on a Ramblers Holiday?
CROWS has joined Ramblers The Walking Partnership. This new partnership, supported by Ramblers Worldwide Holidays, provides direct financial contributions to local walking groups to help to clear and improve footpaths.
Ramblers Worldwide Holidays operate group walking holidays in the UK and all around the world. Each holiday is accompanied by a qualified walks leader and are graded in terms of difficulty. Take a look at their website on www.ramblersholidays.co.uk or give them a call on 01707 331133 for more details or to order a brochure.
When you book to quote the name of our group, and we will then receive a contribution of £10 per person on UK holidays, £20 per person on short haul holidays, and £30 per person on long haul holidays. This extra funding could really make a difference to us!
For more details, visit The Walking Partnership website at www.thewalkingpartnership.org.uk.