Report a problem

Link to how to report deliberate blockages and obstructions


Please use our simple-to-use on-line report form if you have identified a maintenance problem with a path.


If you prefer, you can download our report form here and either:

  • Take it to Mountain Wild, Crown Street, Hebden Bridge.
  • Take it to Todmorden Information Centre.
  • Post it to CROWS, Unit 3, Mount Shed, Banksfield Road, Mytholmroyd HX7 5NW.

You can also send us a message by email  or contact us via Facebook, but please make sure you spell out in detail the problem and location.

What happens next?

Whichever method you use, you will get an acknowledgement that we have received the form.

We will pass it on to one of our volunteers who will go and inspect the problem and either:

  • Draw up a job sheet and put it in our scheduling system to be done.
  • Refer it to someone else to deal with e.g Calderdale Highways or Countryside Service.
  • Write back to you with an explanation why we are unable to deal with the problem or why there may be a delay.


The work may take some time to be completed because:

  • Sometimes we have a backlog.
  • Some jobs require us to get the landowner’s permission.
  • If it’s a big job, we may need to secure funding.
  • Some jobs are very weather dependent.

Unfortunately we don’t have the resources to tell you when the work has been completed, but we are happy for you to chase up the work by sending an email.

Many thanks for your help.

Reporting a deliberate blockage

If it seems like it is a deliberate blockage, it will need enforcement and you should report it to Calderdale Council. Email