There are 3 ways to report a maintenance problem to CROWS (e.g. vegetation, drainage or a wobbly stile) (Report a deliberate blockage or obstruction)
REPORT A PROBLEM ON-LINE
Please use our simple-to-use on-line report form if you have identified a maintenance problem with a path.
USE A PRINTED REPORT FORM
If you prefer, you can download our report form here and either:
- Take it to Mountain Wild, Crown Street, Hebden Bridge.
- Take it to Todmorden Information Centre.
- Post it to CROWS, Unit 3, Mount Shed, Banksfield Road, Mytholmroyd HX7 5NW.
USE EMAIL OR FACEBOOK
What happens next
Whichever method you use, you will get an acknowledgement that we have received the form. We will pass it on to one of our volunteers who will go and inspect the problem.
- They will draw up a job sheet and put it in our scheduling system to be done
- They might refer it to someone else to deal with e.g Calderdale Highways or Countryside Service.
- If we are unable to deal with the problem we will write back to you with an explanation why.
The work may take some time to be completed because:
- Sometimes we have a backlog.
- Some jobs require us to get the landowner’s permission.
- If it’s a big job, we may need to secure funding.
- Some jobs are very weather dependent.
Unfortunately we don’t have the resources to tell you when the work has been completed, but we are happy for you to chase up the work by sending an email.
Reporting a deliberate blockage
If it seems like it is a deliberate blockage, it will need enforcement and you should report it to Calderdale Council. Email Community-safety@calderdale.