We couldn’t survive without other organisations in the area. Some provide information about needs, some provide funding, and others provide other support.
We work alongside:
- Calderdale Council Rights of Way Department by liaising about routes we are working on and seeking advice about standards.
- Calderdale Countryside Service who make finger posts for us.
- Walkers Action, Ramblers and other walking groups who tell us what needs doing.
- Local community organisations such as Cragg Vale Community Association, Luddenden Civic society.
We have worked on specific projects for the following groups and organisations:
- Mytholmroyd Walkers Action – e.g. working on their children’s walk.
- Hebden Bridge Walkers Action – e.g. repairing their self-guided walks.
- Pennine Horizons – e.g. improving the routes of e-Trails.
- Cragg Vale Community Association – e.g. working on a new path above Cragg Brook.
- Calderdale Long Distance Walkers Association – repairing parts of the Hebden Route.
- National Trust – working on paths in the Hardcastle Crags area and access paths.
- Blackshaw, Wadsworth and Heptonstall Parish Councils.
- Todwalkers – e.g. repairing the pop-out walks and bus walks.
- University of Huddersfield – repairing and upgrading three “Discovering Ted Hughes’s Yorkshire” trails.
We also would like to acknowledge support from:
- White Ribbon Campaign for providing us with a depot.
- Friends in Cornholme who give us the proceeds of an annual wreath making event.
- Calderdale Community Foundation for an grant for buying tools.
- Hebden Bridge Town Council for offering the possibility of financial help if we get stuck.
- Windsor Road Residents for agreeing to open their permissive path.
- Thomson Reuters for funding work in Cragg Vale.
- CALVAG for always delivering on time (and sometimes to some obscure places).
- Ian Whitehead of Calder Computers who has improved our IT systems dramatically.
- Calderdale Council Rights of Way officers for providing advice and guidance.
- Friends of Calderdale Countryside for a grant for buying tools.
- Individual people who have given us tools or made individual donations.
- Landowners who by and large are supportive of what we do.
And lots more people, we thank you all.