CROWS volunteers improve and repair paths in the Upper Calder and Ripponden areas. To see what we have been doing recently in your area look at our Blog .
CROWS will start working again on Monday 7th December
After looking at Tier 3 rules and government guidance, and having done a thorough COVID risk assessment, CROWS has agreed we can restart work on Monday 7th December.
- We will continue to survey paths.
- We will only tackle jobs that can be done while working at a safe distance in a COVID-safe manner.
- We will avoid working near farm buildings and dwellings.
- We will put up signs warning path users that we are working ahead.
Thanks for everyone’s continuing support.
Please continue to help with our funds
People have been incredibly generous in supporting our work. We are a charity registered with HMRC, we have no regular funding. We rely on individual donations to deal with reports of path problems. Using JustGiving is simple (and we get Gift Aid). You can do a one-off donation or become a regular friend.
Can you become a Friend and make a regular donation?
Can you can make a one off donation?
If you have been out on a path that we have repaired please make a one-off donation. Remember any amount helps and JustGiving is dead simple to use.
For other ways of donating or helping us, have a look at the page Help us with our work.
Tell us about a problem with a path:
We really need our supporters to tell us about problems they encounter whilst out walking in the Upper Calder and Ryburne Valley area. You can do this by:
- Using the contact form on this site – it’s very quick and simple to use
- Emailing us at email@example.com
- Sending a message via facebook.com/crowspaths
- Leaving a message at Mountain Wild, Hebden Bridge or Todmorden Visitor Centre
- You can also contact Rights of Way department at the council
Since CROWS started in October 2013…….
The length of existing routes repaired so far is 946 km
The length of new routes created so far is 5.6 km
The number of way-marks put up so far is 2156
The number of steps installed or repaired is 1178
The number of bridges and boardwalks installed or repaired is 45
The volume of mud and mulch removed from paths is incalculable!